Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Riding in the Rain

Miles 20-22

Well. We woke up to pouring rain this morning. It wasn't thundering but it was RAINING. I thought about calling someone for a ride to swim team, heck, Sophie could probably swim to swim team, but decided that we should probably give it a go. So, we donned our raincoats and helmets and headed off on our bikes in the rain. Our brakes squeaked against the wet tires and we got the tell tale mud stripe up our backs but it really wasn't that bad. Then Sophie had to swim for an hour while I dried off under a tarp. Then we headed back in the rain. When we got home I remembered that Hannah had guitar lessons in the afternoon and there was no way we could bring her guitar safely to her lesson on our bikes.

I was really sick of the rain.

The kids were starting to get cabin fever and there was not much I could do about it.

I called Gene again to ask about the deal with the rent a car. Then I called enterprise.
Then I caved and rented a car for the next week.

So is this the end of living green-lee?

I don't think so.

I wasn't planning on being a one car family when I set out to ride our bikes more.
Just because we have a car in the driveway doesn't mean we have to use it.
We can still ride in the rain to swim team.
We can still ride to Stop and Shop.

But, if the rain never stops, and it feels like that's the case,
We can go to the mall :)

I would have made a horrible pioneer.

1 comment:

  1. It is always difficult being a pioneer. Nothing wrong with biking. Just wear a slicker. And the rain will stop, just not this summer. Keep up the posts. They are enjoyable.
    AML
    Dad

    ReplyDelete